Students may need to write an essay for different purposes: to apply for a scholarship, to win a contest, or for a Literature class. Recently the number of essays assigned to students has increased a few times as now you may need to write essays in History, Sociology, Psychology, and many other subjects.
You might even be assigned an essay in Math so in order not to ask your group mates «Can you do my Math homework?», you need to learn the basics of how to write a good essay to be able to cope with all your tasks. Luckily for you, that is very easy to do.
Becoming an essay writer in a few steps
There are many reasons why writing an essay may become a problem:
- you`d rather get stuck in social networks
- you are trying to get a good grade instead of writing something good
- you want to write as less as possible just to complete an assignment
- you choose not the topic you like, but the one your professor will like
The essay is a big project so, in order to cope with it, it is better to divide all the scope into smaller parts. Following these essay writing tips is the easiest way to come up with a great essay, so here is what you can do if you have no idea how to write an essay:
- Choose a topic YOU like. If you are not assigned a specific topic, this is an opportunity to pick the one you really like and will be interested in writing about. Thus you can show your creativity and put some more effort than in case you don`t like it. Do some research and pick the topic that can be discussed or argued about;
- Create a diagram. Before you start, you need a certain plan you will follow as this will make your writing easier. Create a list of essay parts or draw a diagram where you specify what you will be writing about. Writing part by part will be more efficient than just randomly starting an essay and writing about everything in a row;
- Write a thesis. The thesis is the whole point of your essay, its main idea, which you will prove at the end of the paper. If you have any difficulties with writing a good one, you may look for college homework help service to make sure you formulated it right;
- Write the paragraphs. Start with the main body where you will provide all your ideas. Devote one paragraph to one idea not to create chaos in your thoughts, and then move to the introduction part where you will have to catch the attention of the reader. Finish your essay with a brief conclusion where you will summarize your ideas and prove your thesis;
- Add the last touches. After you are done, check the small details like structure and style. Did you add all your ideas? Proofread and edit your essay to make sure there are no mistakes and typos that can ruin the whole impression.
Writing an essay by small parts, you will not get bored or irritated as you will be just following the plan and creating a great essay step by step.